My (paid) review for ReviewMe.com – a new site where you get paid to review things (duh) Nov 12 2006
Note: This entry is a PAID review for ReviewMe.com. Oh good gracious.
TextLinkAds is now offering a new service called ReviewMe.com where bloggers get paid to write about stuff. As I am a current customer of TextLinkAds, I thought I’d give it a try. So here it is, my first paid-for review.
Things I like about ReviewMe.com so far:
- Pleasant graphic design (Web 2.0 style points)
- Not too heavy on the ajax interactions
- Fairly clear explanations of how things work (though, see the not-likes below for more on this).
- I feel like I can trust them since I’m already dealing with the parent company TextLinkAds.
- The amount that they’re offering seems like a good amount ($30 to write this particular review, for example).
- Getting my PayPal account details right up front and offering check payments as well. That feels like I’ll get paid.
- Disclosure Policy I really like that they have a clear policy of disclosure when posting a paid review. That seems like a clean, clear and honest approach that will at least let readers know when a post has been sponsored.
Things I’m not completely thrilled about:
- Having to supply SSN right up front. A lot of services make this a later step. I know why they need it (it’s the law in the United States), but I’d feel more comfortable if they requested this particular info after I had completed the signup process.
- Need more clarity for the blogger user type (me) for how to get new reviews, or maybe an explanation that’s not just in the FAQ. If I submitted a site as a blogger / publisher, you should provide me with a clear next step and set my expectations. I felt a sense of “what’s next” after completing signup.
All in all, I’m excited about this program and having it help pay for my monthly hosting fees. If you have a website, or want to pay to have bloggers like me post reviews of your product on their sites, I’d recommend giving it a try.
Just a reminder. This was paid for. Or will be. I hope. 🙂